Accountemps is seeking an Accounting Clerk, whose duties will be matching invoices to purchase orders/ vouchers, data entry, and assisting with Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This is a long-term temporary-to-full-time employment opportunity based in the Bridgeport, Connecticut area. This position offers opportunities for career advancement and is best suitable for candidates seeking an energetic, team-oriented environment. This is with an admired organization that is still in the process of expanding.
How you will make an impact
- Remedy discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Companywide accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Classify documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of accounting codes and expenditure codes
- Support Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
- Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, and help with collection of past due balance
- Produce statements and reports that require utilization of a wide range of sources
- Post financial information to journals and ledgers
If you are interested, please email your resume to Bill Romano at [Click Here to Email Your Resum] - Ability to multitask and communicate effectively with individuals of all backgrounds
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of customer service
- Knowledge of Billing Collection
- Strong familiarity with Posting Payments
- Spreadsheet and ERP system experience recommended
- Accurate, swift, data entry abilities
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune magazines list of World's Most Admired Companies since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.###.#### or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans