The Director of Sales will lead a team of sales managers, associates and agencies responsible for growing the Outdoor Products & Accessories division with all U.S. customers in the mass merchant, home improvement and auto maintenance class of trade (COT). Primary responsibilities include developing and executing short and long-term go-to-market sales strategies and plans, sales and margin goals, forecasts, programs and trade budgets as well as managing and developing sales personnel. Additional responsibilities include developing, planning and executing trade show and event programs, being a consistent resource for the product development and engineering teams on market conditions, competitors, current portfolio performance as well as working closely with brand managers to develop promotions, merchandising and programs that profitably drive the Mass/Home/Auto COT for all 16 brands in the Outdoor Products & Accessories portfolio. The position will report to the Vice President of Sales for Outdoor Products & Accessories.
- Strategic Planning
- Goal Development & Management
- Problem Solving
- Highly Analytical
- Microsoft Suite
- 10+ years sales experience with Outdoor Recreation retail/wholesale customers; preferably in the Hunt, Shoot, Camp and/or Fish segments
- 5+ years sales management experience successfully delivering target results on a portfolio of Outdoor Recreation products comprised of 8 or more brands across multiple categories in the Hunt, Shoot, Camp and/or Fish segments
- 5+ years sales management experience leading direct as well as indirect sales teams across multiple regions of the United States that service the Mass/Home/Auto COT in the Hunt, Shoot, Camp and/or Fish segments
- 5+ years sales leadership experience on cross functional teams working with product development, operations and marketing to develop product, programs and systems that drive sales growth and profitability in the Hunt, Shoot, Camp and/or Fish segments
- 5+ years sales leadership experience developing annual strategies and plans that not only meet/exceed topline expectations, but also bottom-line margin and profitability expectations in the Hunt, Shoot, Camp and/or Fish segments
- Proven track record of developing and leveraging long-term customer relationships at the senior, director and vice-president levels
- Proven track record of developing sales teams including recruiting, training, performance improvement as well as long-term career planning and successorship
- Proven track record at running a business as an owner including examples of success in entrepreneurship, improving a COT and/or division P&L over a 12-month timeframe, initiating, developing and launching a new product as well as long-term decision making
- Position requires individual to be available to travel 1-2 weeks each month. Location near a primary airport is a plus.
StartWire is powered by a team of recruiting industry veterans, job search experts, world-class technologists, and forward thinking investors all unified by a simple mission: to radically improve job search.
Associated topics: administrative, branch manager, manager, manager of sales, principal, sales executive, sales leader, supervisor, team leader, territory manager