Technical Program Manager I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Req #: 19-11575Job Description: Technical Program Manager ILocation: New York, NY Position Type: Contract (4 Month contract)Project Overview:Pigeon Transit helps city dwellers take control of their commute by being the most informative transit app, powered by humans. We harness the power of crowdsourcing to provide accurate public transit data. Our users often call us "Waze for public transit". Pigeon launched publicly in September 2018 in NYC. We've been focused on providing accurate real-time information to subway and bus riders since then. We have a passionate, engaged user base in New York, and we even have Pigeon Transit Heroes that love us. Check out our website, or download our iOS app and try it out in NYC! Pigeon was founded in Area 120 (area120.google.com), a workshop for Google s experimental products. One in which entrepreneurial Googlers can explore, build, and grow new businesses that have meaningful impact on the world. We re a small Google team that acts like a start up - we move fast and pitch in where needed. Self-motivation and being comfortable with ambiguity are critical to enjoy working on our team. Priorities shift and deadlines get moved. We compromise and work as a team to build the best solution possible given our time and resource constraints - having lots of fun along the way. Addictional information about the project:Like every startup, Pigeon has limited resources and time, but ambitious goals. We are working on making major product improvements while also expanding to new transit systems, cities, and platforms. Your job will be to help us use our resources wisely and help us manage and prioritize our workflow to meet ambitious OKRs. You ll work very closely with the Product Lead as well as UX and Eng. You will have a big impact on our productivity, help us meet deadlines, and help us track and improve our metrics. Analyzing data will also be a critical part of the role. You ll use SQL to find answers to important data questions and helps us understand where we can improve the product to meet our goals.Responsiblities:
- Manage and coordinate our team of PM, UX, and Eng, and potentially TVCs, to create master schedules, product roadmaps and OKRs
- Develop a system to keep track of coordination and timelines.
- Create a better system for tracking our metrics and progress towards OKRs.
- Analyze data using various tools like Python scripts, SQL, BigQuery, and Firebase, and create useful dashboards for our team.
- Work with an external vendor as necessary to increase velocity
- Manage weekly communication, ensure the vendor has all the information they need from our team, and deliver a completed Android MVP by our release goal date.
- Champion improved process methods for the team.
- Build and track cross-functional communications, meeting management, AI tracking and risk assessments.Mandatory
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Program Manager for software development projects, preferrably iOS or Android app development
- Experience working with Python, SQL, BigQuery, and other data analysis tools
- Experience working with automation toolsDesired:Desired
- Passion for improving public transit and urban development
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working at a startup
- Experience managing complex cross-functional projects
- Experience releasing applications on Android and iOS
- Ability to influence without authority and excellent presentation and communication - provided by Dice
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...