VP/Corporate Controller - New York
Compensation: $205,500.00 - $205,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Description/Position Title: VP, Corporate Controller
Reports to: CFO
What you ll need:
- Detail oriented: Ability to prioritize, focus and deep dive into complex work. Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Results oriented and exemplary: You re concerned with quality over quantity.
- Open-minded: You think outside of the box, challenge the status quo, and always remain learning
- Communication: Make sure you understand and circulate information effectively.
- Adaptability: You are able to get up to speed quickly and spread knowledge
- Leadership: Strong motivation and desire to continuously learn, grow and teach others.
- Research orientation: Analyze, and develop multi-dimensional frameworks to evaluate new out-of-box opportunities and associated risks without relevant prior experience.
What you ll do:
- Work with the Staff Accountant and Outsourced Firm to review weekly and month-end closings and approve departmental and consolidated financial data (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Account Reconciliations).
- Ensure the integrity of all General Ledger account balances and the effective integration of subsidiary ledgers, including determining the need for new accounts and managing revisions in account structures and their Restaurant 365 accounting platform.
- Perform preliminary analytical review of financial statements and coordinate with Brand and Store Managers regarding anomalies and outstanding financial information.
- Analyze the monthly financial statements and supporting data, prepare financial reports. Conduct research and prepare financial analyses. Recommend solutions to complex accounting and budget problems.
- Facilitate discussion between operations, corporate management, and finance regarding financial results of operations to enhance profitability and improve the company s overall success.
- Deliver timely and accurate accounting, budgeting and financial reports and statements to Ownership, Board of Directors and Operations Teams.
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations; establish, monitor, and enforce internal control policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by understanding existing and new legislation, filing timely financial reports and tax returns.
- Coordinate among internal and external data providers to ensure that recorded transactions and balances exist and are complete and accurate.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks with respect to financial planning and analysis to assist the CFO.
What else you ll need:
- 12+ Years of experience; Experience as director of finance or similar role.
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus.
- CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus
- Hospitality/Retail multi-unit, multi-concept experience preferred, but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. Restaurant 365).
Associated topics: analyst, chief finance officer, corporate banking, credit, director finance, financial, financial controller, fiscal, investment banking, treasure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...