Modernization Quality Assurance Project Manager - New York
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Modernization Quality Assurance Project Manager (QAPM) will manage all project work streams and coordinate teams across multiple technical and business units to ensure the successful delivery of the Modernization Quality Assurance program. This includes working with various Staff, consultants, and the Deputy Director of the Quality Center of Excellence (QCoE) to manage smoke testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and post-UAT Business Certification (which may include parallel testing of certain functions. The QAPM will also manage regression testing that is performed for production fixes and maintenance releases. This role will also oversee the activities and performance of the Modernization QA vendor (Cognizant).
The Modernization QAPM will work closely with several groups and teams in order to carry out the above functions. These groups and teams include, but are not limited to the following:
- The development teams (including the Modernization software vendor, Sagitec)
- The Modernization PMO
- The TRS Dev Ops group
- The TRS Infrastructure group
- The Product Management Team (PMT)
- The Technical Architecture Team (SAT)
- The Data Readiness Team (DRT)
- The Production Deployment team
- The Operational Readiness team
- Various Business groups and stakeholders
- The Office of Operations
The Modernization QAPM will also ensure that the various groups that will be involved with testing will be prepared to do so effectively and efficiently. This includes managing testing schedules, ensuring that SIT and UAT teams are trained, that they have the appropriate roles in the system, and that data exists to execute tests appropriately. This also includes making sure that testing environments are properly set up and are refreshed as needed. In addition, the Modernization QAPM will ensure that the full scope of test scenarios and test cases are identified and properly accounted for in the various test cycles.
In addition, the Modernization QAPM will be responsible for reporting test results, managing the resolution of defects of various severity levels, and re-testing functionality once fixes are developed. This role will also assist in identifying quality issues and trends, and help to mitigate root causes for poor quality.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements projects to deliver on agency outcomes within scope, budget, approved timelines, and according to business unit priorities. Maintain open and consistent communications between project teams, senior management and PMO to resolve communication barriers and project issues.
- Oversees all aspects of the Modernization Program quality assurance program, including oversight of Modernization QA vendor
- Manages all aspects and stages of testing associated with the Modernization Program and the (Scaled Agile Framework - Enterprise (SAFe) development model.
- Manages the development of test scripts, test plans, test scenarios and test cases
- Ensures that technical and business teams are trained and prepared to perform system functionality tests at the various testing stages. Includes ensuring proper system permissions, environments, and data exist for testing
- Reports test results to technical and business teams, and prepares reports for PMOand Executive Management
- Manages resolution of defects of various severity levels, and re-testing functionality once fixes are developed.
- Manages resource allocation for various testing stages.
- 10+ years of proven experience as a skilled practitioner of Quality Assurance Project Management (functional and non-functional testing)
- 5+ years working on enterprise-wide Business/IT Transformation programs
- 5+ years working in an Agile/Scaled Agile development environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) and/or Certification(s) from International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB)
- PMP Certification a strong plus
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience in configuring, using, upgrading and mentoring on various QA tools like HP-UFT (formerly known as HP-QTP), HP LoadRunner, IBM Appscan
- Experience with Microsoft Windows platforms; Solid experience in working with Microsoft based web technologies, Microsoft SQL Server databases, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Government work experience a strong plus
- Pension experience a strong plus
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...