About Us: EMCOR Facilities Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Lead HVAC Technician
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Lead HVAC Technician in Franklin Lakes, NJ. This position reports directly to the Site Manager. Principal duties and responsibilities include working knowledge of HVAC systems, related equipment and controls, which includes Mission Critical Server Room environmental units and Emergency electrical back-up systems, cooling towers, unitary/split system equipment, operation of dual fuel boilers, air compressors, digital and pneumatic controls, fan coils, unit ventilators, 45 air handlers, exhaust fans, fume exhaust hoods, pumps, water treatment systems, heat exchangers and kitchen refrigeration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversees and assists mechanics in routine and preventative maintenance work and maintaining all required business process administrative paperwork. Responds to after hour's emergency calls with required staff.
* Receive and respond to service requests from the Site Manager of all such actions taken and of any unresolved problems.
* Dispatch on-site mechanical crew on installations, repairs, hot/cold calls, BMS alarms, preventive maintenance, routine functions and tours.
* Ensure the continued operation of mechanical and electrical systems including support of Mission Critical Server Room equipment at corporate campus facilities.
* Primary contact for all technically based questions.
* Responsible for completion of all service related installations including retrofits, compressor change-outs, etc.
* Oversee repair of BMS control system hardware by in house crew.
* Work with Site Manager and FC to maintain the equipment list, task list and frequency in CMMS.
* Responsible for operation and maintenance requirements of the assigned mechanics, ensuring services are accomplished in an effective and efficient manner.Performs entries into Refrigerant Management & Compliance database.
* Attend construction meetings and involved with commissioning of new equipment for renovations.
* Implement those elements of the operations, routine & preventive maintenance and support services programs, which are assigned to the shift.
* Issue directions and instructions to assigned shift personnel as required. Evaluate personnel performance capabilities and training on a regular basis.
* Ensure required operating logs and maintenance forms are completed accurately and clearly and that these are submitted in a timely manner.
* Perform preventive and corrective maintenance per contract specifications.
* Respond immediately to emergency situations, initiate emergency operations procedures and escalate as needed
* Control, maintain accountability, and oversee the issuance and use of spare parts and tools.
* Train and direct assigned mechanics on Facility SOP's.
* Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools.
* Maintain all business process administrative paperwork (QC logs, PM, Safety, Daily logs, OT logs, etc.).
* Perform any additional duties as needed
* Must maintain required State of New Jersey Boiler Operator's License.
* Must have at least 7 years experience.
In an 8-hour day, must be able to continually bend, squat, kneel, lift, twist, climb, reach, stand and walk; to use hands for repetitive pushing, pulling, and single grasp motion; and to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds and to move objects in excess of 100 pounds, and travel by government or company vehicle to work location or to other destinations as required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: air, air filter, boiler, fuel, gas, hvac, refrigeration, thermograph, vent, ventilation