The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for managing all programs, systems, routines and standard operating procedures related to the day to day culinary operations of the kitchen and Hospitality location. This includes sole accountability for the maintenance of all culinary operations, supporting strategic research and development initiatives, recruiting and training of kitchen staff, ordering and inventory, providing world class customer service to internal and external guests, and maintenance of all equipment and facilities.
On property the Chef de Cuisine is responsible for maintaining the pace of the kitchen and the standards for production of food, cleanliness, organization and co-worker interaction.
The responsibilities listed below are indicative of the nature of the position and can be modified due to organizational changes, new business developments, or expansion of the position.
- Live our Values: People, Quality, Service, Innovation
- Ensure the kitchen staff is prepared and ready for service and that all food meets the highest standards of quality and consistency
- Implement and maintain daily food preparation and quality control standards
- Ensure that all food is high quality, consistent, timely and desirable to the guests
- Along with the Executive Chef, manage hiring and training of all BOH staff members
- Teach, mentor and motivate the kitchen staff to uphold and exceed the highest standards of communication, quality, consistency, and execution
- Solely accountable for managing and supervising all back of house checklists (opening, closing, station, prep, maintenance, cleaning, etc.)
- Along with Executive Chef / Creative Development Chef, accountable for maintenance of all kitchen equipment and facilities
- Manage and maintain food inventory at appropriate level
- With key directors and property leadership, advise and contribute to the planning of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual forecast for both revenues and expenses
- Along with property controller ensure food received meets quality standards, correct specifications and is fairly priced
- Support management and gallery team and kitchen team members with daily tasks to ensure readiness for service
Additional Essential Functions:
- In the performance of all duties assigned, ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision while exercising broad discretion and professional judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, partners, guests, fellow team members, and Leaders
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to accept direction and constructive criticism
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively multitask and manage multiple projects
- Ability to maintain consistent attendance and punctuality
- Strong food and beverage knowledge with an emphasis on ingredient driven seasonal cuisine, wine and beer
- ServSafe Manager Certified
- Ability to prioritize and get things done in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to be a leader with a desire to educate and empower team members and create accountability standards
- Strong attention to operational and administrative detail
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills
- Team player with enthusiastic outlook and creative mind
- Computer proficiency: POS software, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Minimum 5 years experience in service and hospitality management positions
- Finance or Accounting background a plus
- B.A./B.S. degree
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is also frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
This position is full-time. The hours may vary, depending on scheduling needs. Candidate must be willing to have flexible schedules and must be willing to work occasional weekends or evenings.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.
More detail about Meatpacking - RH Hospitality part of RH Hospitality, please visit
Associated topics: corporate kitchen, culinary school, deli chef, executive chef, head chef, kitchen, lead, pizza chef, restaurant assistant chef, restaurant chef