Director Of Development - New York
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
QSAC is looking for a seasoned, results-driven Development professional to lead all fundraising activities and day-to day development strategies.
The Director of Development will apply creativity and innovative strategies to raise funds through special events, corporate and foundation grants, individual donor solicitation, online fundraising and the annual appeal. Responsible for managing all development initiatives, writing and overseeing all grants; researching potential sources of funds and coordinating all special events increase philanthropic support of community support of QSAC programs.
- Manage traditional development activities, including annual appeal, special events, major donor solicitation and grant writing
- Develop and manage projects to raise funds from new and emerging media, including; mobile application-related and major social media platforms
- Develop customized cultivation and solicitation plans for major gift donors and prospects, with a focus on increasing the number of individual donors
- Develop and implement special events and oversee the production of marketing and collateral material
- Prospect, research and write grant opportunities and respond to requests for proposals
- Works with Board of Directors in relation to special events and overall fundraising strategies
Research, Reporting & Staff Management
- Proactively research and identify prospects- individuals, corporations and foundations to support QSAC programs
- Prepare periodic reports for the department, including evaluations and recommendations for future planning
- Gather biographical and contact information, and giving history (to other organizations) for high profile individuals as potential supporters and board members
- Supervise, coach, and motivate a 3-member development team to take personal ownership for donor engagement; ensure strong development operations internally and externally and move as a cohesive team
- Serve as external facing ambassador for QSAC with existing supporters and the community of potential future supporters
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Master s Degree preferred or significant fundraising experience
- 5-7+ years progressive Development experience required
- 3-5+ years grant writing and foundation relations experience required
- 2-4+ years staff management experience ( 2-4 direct reports) preferred
- Proven experience with a donor management system required (Salesforce highly preferred)
- Demonstrated fundraising experience regarding solicitation of corporate and /or major gifts of $10,000 or more
- Experience with special event planning and sponsor solicitation required
- Established relationships with members of New York City and Long Island s philanthropic community highly preferable
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills required
- Displays a positive attitude, shows concern for people and community, demonstrates presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Flexibility with schedule; will be required to work some evenings and weekends
- Will have a passion for the mission of QSAC
QSAC benefits are terrific and go beyond health and retirement! You will be joining a passionate community of professionals and staff who support each other in a challenging and rewarding work culture.
- Generous Paid Time Off policy (for full time staff)\
- Medical Insurance as low as $1 per paycheck (for full time staff)
- Dental Insurance less than $5 per paycheck (for full time staff)
- Vision Insurance less than $5 per paycheck (for full time staff)
- Group Life Insurance and Long Term Disability (for full time staff)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (for full time staff)
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement with Employer Match
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salary
*Employee costs listed are based on individual coverage
Qualifications are subject to change in accordance with government regulations.
QSAC is Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Mission-Oriented. Results-Driven. Collaborative. Passionate. We Are QSAC.
Associated topics: community, demand, event, hospital, market, marketplace, policy, public relations, relation, relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...