FP&A Consulting Manager - New York
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Transformation Practice is the industry leader in developing and implementing strategic solutions for the Finance function that enable the function to improve decision-making capabilities, increase productivity and provide a platform for increased growth of the business. The primary offerings of this practice area are: EPM Strategy (Blueprint and Strategy, Org Design and People Development, and Strategy/KPI Articulation), EPM Transformation (EPM Process and Data Optimization, EPM Center of Excellence/Delivery Model, Cost Management) and Finance Technology (EPM/BI Information Architecture, Planning and Budgeting Solutions, Consolidation and Reporting Solutions, and Management / other Enterprise-wide Reporting Solutions.)
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Managers are primarily responsible for day-to-day engagement execution and support of new business opportunities.Managers will apply well-honed consulting, project management and functional skills to effectively manage major project components or entire projects and will be asked to support business development such as project diagnostics, RFP responses, proposal development and sales calls. Manager responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage single engagements and client relationships to complete client work in accordance with established budget, workplans and quality standards
- Own and identify issues critical to the clients'' strategic and operational success
- Provide content / functional knowledge and expertise in some of the core EPM processes including Planning and Analysis, Consolidation and Reporting, Business Intelligence and Metrics
- Provide content / functional knowledge and expertise related to general finance / accounting subject areas
- Develop and present conclusions and recommendations to senior client management
- Provide solution implementation assistance as required and oversee the quality of engagement deliverables
- Identify add-on opportunities at current clients both within and outside existing project scope
- Support sales and business development pursuits for existing and potential clients
- Support development of intellectual capital / white papers around leading EPM industry insights and best practices
- Play a role in critical firm building activities, including recruiting, training, and performance management cycles
- Mentor, coach, and develop junior staff
Expected Background & Work Experience
We are searching for professional, talented, and driven individuals with strong finance and EPM experience. Managers will typically have:
- 5 - 10 years related consulting experience with a top tier firm showing progression/promotion throughout career
- Exceptional understanding of Enterprise Performance Management and Business Intelligence within targeted industries and consulting service lines
- Effectively operated independently and in a team environment as well as managed people and multiple engagement project workplans
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong project leadership abilities
- Achieved internal and gained external recognition for knowledge and expertise in at least one service or industry area
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills (MS PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to effectively support new business generation and organization of pursuit teams
- Knowledge of the EPM software / product functionality and capabilities including Oracle/Hyperion, SAP and IBM/Cognos. Specific experience with deployment of these products is a plus
In addition to the qualifications listed above, the firm and EPM practice place a high emphasis on relevant personal qualities such as creativity, resourcefulness, and entrepreneurial spirit.
Applicants must be willing and able to travel to client work locations a minimum of 4 days per week.
Loading some great jobs for you...